Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mini Marathon

Each year, Indianapolis is home to a huge half marathon, the Mini Marathon. The race is part of the festivities that lead up to the Indianapolis 500. The last two years I've registered to participate but have never actually done it. In 2009 I hurt my knee during my Boot Camp classes and had to sell my registration, per doctor's orders. In 2010 I was just lazy and never trained.

But 2011 is different. I started training to do the Mini on Monday. It's 13.1 miles and it's May 7th and I'm doing it!! I'm planning to walk and possibly jog some of it. But this chick is checking that off my bucket list.

4 days a week I plan on doing treadmill work and it's between 20-60 minutes each day. Saturdays are my "long" days and I'll be outside unless the weather is terrible. I start small - just 3 miles this Saturday.

The one thing I'm a little nervous about is making the time on the weekends to get the training done. Because I work and my hubby stays at home with our kids, I always feel SO guilty about taking time away from them when I'm not at work. I know, I know. It's good for Mommy to be healthy and active and them seeing me do this. But I still feel guilty. Working on that one.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! You have a great attitude towards the mini. I can just see Jason and the girls rooting you on along the race route. I heard the mini is a lot of fun. Someday I hope to join you in it! :)

    ReplyDelete