Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Monday, July 11, 2011
- "Rescued" a dummy from a burning training trailer at the Fire Station
- Put together a puzzle of the US at a coffee house
- Jump into a swimming pool (with clothes) to get diving sticks at the bottom
- Score a goal in a soccer net while in the wheelbarrow position (Jason did this while I held his legs)
- Score a basket with a roll of TP shooting it between our legs granny style
- Find $200 worth of fake money in a bucket using each denomination of money
- Get a fake tatoo at a tatoo parler
- Take a picture with the Chick Fil A cow
- Go downtown and we had a few clues on the canal - Jason proposed to me with a fake diamond and our pastor renewed our vows (MY FAV!!)
- Eat sushi
- Ride a mechanical bull
- Score a goal at an ice rink
- Pack a suitcase for each other at a park
- Find 3 rings in a beach vollyball court sand at a park
- 20-question form at a kid's game resturant place
- FINAL STOP there was a few obstacles we had to do - a bike course, inflatible stuff.
Wow, typing all that out makes me realize how long it was. But it was really fun and I'm so glad we participated.
Mostly, I'm appreciate that we were ABLE to participate. We are both in decent shape, love each other very much and had fun doing it (for the most part).
But, my hubby did tell me next year we're volunteering. :)
Friday, July 8, 2011
And this is my hair shorter. It's wha I like better but it does require more trips to the salon. I also work in a professional setting so I feel like it looks more professional.
So, the question is - keep it long or cut it short?
Thursday, July 7, 2011
Yesterday at my Weight Watcher meeting we talked about an interesting topic. Our leader asked us to complete the sentence, "I'll be able to lose weight when...."
I have sooooo done this. I'll be able to lose weight when:
- My kids are less reliant on me to do everything for them (more time)
- I get a raise so I can affort to go to Weight Watchers
- I do the Mini-Marathon
- I get my new phone so I can have all the cool weight loss apps
- My schedule slows down
- Winter/Summer/Spring/Fall come
- Football season is over - darn tailgates & parties
But what about RIGHT NOW? WHY can't I lose weight right now? I can. I just have to CHOSE to do it. It's not going to happen without some hard work.I lost about 20 pounds this year. But I'm back up about 7 of it. This is not acceptable. I can realize my goal. It's very simple really. Eat less. Move more. The more I eat, and the less I move, the more I can expect to gain. The less I eat, and the more I move, the more I can expect to lose. Pretty simple, right?
What do I need to do to lose weight right now?
- PLAN. What's the saying, "Failure to plan is planning to fail."
- EXERCISE. It makes me feel good. It makes me look better. For now, I have to go boot camp. 5 mornings a week. Take the weekends off.
- TRACK FOOD. There's a direct correlation between tracking food and losing weight. Hmm, who knew!
First goal: Hit 10% by August 17th. 6 weeks. 14 pounds.
And I don't know how many people read or care or follow. But I will be more accountable here.