Monday, July 11, 2011

I interrupt this blog to bring you...



This isn't weight loss related but I wanted to share a picture. My husband and I participated in an event through our church called the Amazing Race. Our church has a marriage ministry called Married Life Live. Each quarter they host some kind of event. This quarter was a scavenger hunt. It took us 5 hours and we went all over Indianapolis for clues. At each stop we had to "do" something to earn the next clue. Here is what we did:



  • "Rescued" a dummy from a burning training trailer at the Fire Station

  • Put together a puzzle of the US at a coffee house

  • Jump into a swimming pool (with clothes) to get diving sticks at the bottom

  • Score a goal in a soccer net while in the wheelbarrow position (Jason did this while I held his legs)

  • Score a basket with a roll of TP shooting it between our legs granny style

  • Find $200 worth of fake money in a bucket using each denomination of money

  • Get a fake tatoo at a tatoo parler

  • Take a picture with the Chick Fil A cow

  • Go downtown and we had a few clues on the canal - Jason proposed to me with a fake diamond and our pastor renewed our vows (MY FAV!!)

  • Eat sushi

  • Ride a mechanical bull

  • Score a goal at an ice rink

  • Pack a suitcase for each other at a park

  • Find 3 rings in a beach vollyball court sand at a park

  • 20-question form at a kid's game resturant place

  • FINAL STOP there was a few obstacles we had to do - a bike course, inflatible stuff.

Wow, typing all that out makes me realize how long it was. But it was really fun and I'm so glad we participated.


Mostly, I'm appreciate that we were ABLE to participate. We are both in decent shape, love each other very much and had fun doing it (for the most part).


But, my hubby did tell me next year we're volunteering. :)
















1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun. I got the invite from Jason, but overlooked it. I wish we could've joined you. Maybe next year, or are you volunteering :)

    ReplyDelete