Monday, August 8, 2011

What happens when you don't reach a goal

I'm a great goal setter. I am always looking down the road to my next goal. I make signs, I tell people about the goal and I have ways to track my progress. But guess what my biggest obstacle in achieving said goal? Myself.

I'm about to be ugly honest right now. I never achieve any of my goals. Hardly ever. I have started more projects, missions, plans, diets, exercise programs, Dave Ramsey than I care to admit. I could take the easy way out and say I learned it from my parents who have paid more money to Richard Simmons, Jenny Craig and Dr. Atkins than I'd like to know. But the truth is, the only person who stands in MY way is ME!

I wanted to be thin(ner) by the time my oldest started kindergarten. I didn't want to be *that* mom. I don't want my girls to be embarrassed by me. And here I sit, one week from that day where we will drop her off and while I've lost some, it's certainly not enough to get me out of that embarrassing category.

So what do I do with this? How do I go forward? Do I continue making goals I likely won't reach (if past history is any indication)?

I've spent a lot of time praying yesterday. Praying I would find the strength through The One. Through His mercy and grace, my past is forgiven and my future can be right. I know He doesn't judge me. I know He loves me. But I need to meet goals. I need to hold myself accountable.

Through Him, all things are possible. I mean, without Him, I sure haven't accomplished much.

No comments:

Post a Comment