Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I've identified a pattern

I've noticed something. My tolerance for eating right and exercising is about 10 days. Then something happens. A work meeting that involves catered food, a football party with too much cookies and dip and not enough celery and carrots. I give myself permission to eat the junk and promise I'll return to my lovely Weight Watchers journal. Only, I don't. And then I promise tomorrow will be the day. And it isn't.

10 days.

Well, a ten day committment isn't going to get me to my goal of losing 60 pounds this year, is it?

I lost 4.4 pounds at my meeting on Jan. 8th. I promptly went on a 9 day eating binge and I un-did everything I lost. Greeaat!

BUT, I'm back on it. Drinking my water, journaling my food, exercising, and praying to God to help me break this vicious cycle of eating like a maniac.

I've been reading The Lord's Table and it's really helped me to put in perspective of WHY I should get healthy. I need to honor God. He gave me this body and it's not MY choice to abuse it.

Moving on, I'm moving on.

2 comments:

  1. My mom used to have a plaque on her wall when I was a kid and I didn't get it then. Now, as a gal trying to lose 100 lbs., I think about it every, single, darn day. The plaque read: "Today is the first day of the rest of your diet."

    One day at a time, baby! Take one day at a time. Don't count the days up and roll them into balls. Just do one. at. a. time. That way, you won't see the pattern. You'll just see each new day as a new chance to do your best by making good/healthy choices and getting some exercise in.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the awesome wisdom!!

    ReplyDelete