Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Things I DON'T want!

I think as Weight Watchers we talk a lot about what we want. Today, I'm going to talk about what I don't want.
  1. DIABETES. I had gestational diabetes and therefore, I'm at more risk of developing diabetes. I've always just kind of said, "yea, yea" when my doc has told me that. But recently, I feel like God has been testing me. I've heard a lot of people talking about diabetes and how horrible it is. Finally, last night I said to God, "okay, I hear you loud and clear."
  2. FAT MOM SYNDROME. I don't want to be a fat mom. I don't want my kids to be embarrassed of me when I take them to school. Part of the reason for kicking this stuff into high gear is realizing taking my oldest to kindergarten isn't that far off. August of this year. THIS YEAR! I want to look back at those pictures and those memories and be proud of both of us.
  3. SELF CONFIDENCE ISSUES. I have always considered myself a fairly confident person. I will try new things, speak in public, introduce myself to a stranger. But recently, I've seen my self confidence begin to slip. I've found myself avoiding social events because I know I will see someone who will likely talk away and say, "umm, SHE gained weight." I'm tired of that. I want my confidence back!

1 comment:

  1. Amen, sistah! Amen!

    These all hit home for me, too. Diabetes runs in my family (grandma died of it). I take my big guy to school this year, too. Don't want to be the embarrassing fat mom either. And Lord knows how much I need self confidence. I'm getting too old to be insecure.

    We're going to do this, lady. After all, if we don't get our butts in gear...we're going to let a lot of people down...including ourselves.

    Let's do it!!!

    ReplyDelete