Sunday, January 2, 2011

ONE THING for 2011

It's 2011 - a new year. A new year often brings new resolutions. I am not alone. I started the new year with things I resolved to do. I went to church this morning and learned that 40-some percent of resolutions are broken sometime in January. 70-some percent are broken by Valentine's Day. I want to be different.

The ONE THING I want for 2011 is to lose weight. That's not really any different than most resolutions I have made in the last decade. This year is different though. I'm doing
it.

I resolve to lose 60 pounds in 2011 and blog about it. That's 5 pounds a month for 12 months. The math is simple. The work is not so simple but I'm doing it.

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43: 18

What is the ONE THING you're going to do in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment